Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 29, 2010

    24 hour Adventure Trail Run Preview


    To cap off my early 2010 running season I am solo-running a 24 hour ultramarathon. The 24-hour Adventure Trail Run is held within the Prince William Forest Park, located just outside Washington DC. The course is in a National Park of rolling hills, 8.0 miles per loop with approximately 700+ feet gain/loss per lap. There will be plenty of roots and rocks on the trail, but generally this is single track adventure trail run with approximately 0.75 miles on a hard packed dirt road.

    Although I am a little undertrained in-terms of raw mileage in my long runs I am good at suffering. My goal is 100 miles in 24 hours, a very reasonable one. If I make this distance it will be a new PR in terms of distance ran during a single race for me.

    I am running this race because I can; in meaning that there are a lot of people who cannot be at the starting line of such an event and I push myself to excel because of them. I LiveStrong for my grandfather, John McLean, my grandmother, June Nicholson, my Aunt Joy, my Aunt Grace, my Uncle Terry, my friend Captain Raul Medrano, and Pat Ray, all close friends and family who have survived cancer. I am also running in memory of my friends who have been killed: Captain Russell Rippetoe, Captain Jason Galus, Captain Paul Minor, and Sergeant First Class Dan Scheibner. All of whom I served closely with in different units during my military career. I run for each and every one of them...