Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 28, 2010

    Trail Race Report Spring Backyard Burn Race #3 at Fountainhead Regional Park



    Today's race was great because I was able to get my wife out to watch me run. She shot some solid pics and stood around in the unseasonable cold Spring morning to watch me run. The course was solid and in good condition. It rain more like a fall than a spring race. There were a lot of leaves down on the trails and the recent rains had everything damp and moist. The creeks provided some cold times!

    Although I finished well at 3d place I think my race could have been better. My pre-race went well; plenty of sleep, good breakfast, and of course coffee. Once I checked into the start I went out for my usual warm-up run. My legs felt flat and I knew it would be will power and not speed driving them around the course today.

    The combination of last weekend's race effort and some hard gym sessions with some solid runs during the week left me a little under-recovered. Thankfully the next race is not for two weeks. Although I am about to start ramping up my mileage for my season's "A" race, the 24hr Adventure Trail Run on 1 May in Prince William Forest Park I will have more time before the last race of the Backyard Burn to recover. I plan to use it wisely. Currently I am in first place in the overall points standing and another good effort could see me clench first overall.