Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 7, 2010

    Trail Race Report Spring Backyard Burn #1 at Wakefield Park


    The race went very well. Weather was perfect, starting out in the mid-30s but feeling like mid-40s in the sunshine after about a quarter mile into the run! The course was adjusted somewhat for the recent heavy snowfall because it is run on a mountainbike trail and some of the north facing trails were still covered in ice/snow.

    I ended up liking the re-routed course even better than the original. Mile number 4 was a huge up and over and up and over again hill before a flat dual track mile into the finish. It definitely got the runners and racers' attention.

    My time was good - 35:51; as always subjective on trails but about three minutes faster than my last race on this course. I finished third in my age group and eight overall out of a couple hundred runners.

    Now the hard part is a race coming up this next Sunday. It means I will have to pay particular attention to my training this week to make sure I do not put too much speed into my legs so that I am relatively fresh for another hard effort this coming Sunday. It was a great race and thank-you to Ex2Adventures for another excellent event.

    No comments: