Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 14, 2010

    Today's race postponed - sad face

    Late yesterday I received an email from the Backyard Burn Series race director. Apparently the Bull Run River which much of the Hemlock Park running course runs directly beside was flooded.

    The director's email said, "I just returned from running the Backyard Burn course at Hemlock. At least 200 meters of the trail down by Bull Run is under at least 2 feet of moving water."

    Although last year's Highland Sky 40 was conducted in a deluge of epic proportions the racers at an ultra are a little different than the mix of weekend warriors who show up at a local trail run series. Since I have been fighting a sinus cold all week I definitely do not mind and plan to get a few more speed sessions in before the race is made-up on 21 March - next weekend.

    No comments: