Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 25, 2009

    Forest running





    Today I went for a run south of Garmisch. My total time running was 1:24:38. I guesstimate my total distance somewhere around 15km. It was a perfect day - high 40s and sunny although the temps dropped fast when the sun fell behind the ridgeline. Several nice long climbs, some short steep downhills, fast meadows, and stream crossings made it a classic trail run.

    Along the way I passed families out walking in the forest, two fly-fishermen, kayakers playboating at some huge rapids (I think they were the same ones I saw earlier in the day near a damn in town), and some small "huetten" for overnight stays.

    Did I mention I love Germany?!

    1 comment:

    Thomas Bussiere said...

    Great Pics - Germany, nice.
    Looks like some great trails!