Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 15, 2009

    Gear Review: The North Face Men's Personal Record Shorts


    The TNF Personal Record shorts are among some of the most comfortable I have worn. As expected from TNF the craftsmanship is solid and attention to detail evident in the features.

    My pair are medium-long with the five inch inseam. I wanted a shorter short but with enough fabric to keep the details covered and provide superior range of motion. The shorts fit well, snug enough to run without having to tie the drawstring. I have a 30-31 inch waist, TNF sizing guide suggest 32-34 for Medium and 28-30 for Small. Us middle of the roaders would most likely sing an octave higher at the smaller size. The fabric dries very quickly, something I tested several times at Highland Sky in June.

    The features are where this short distinguishes itself. The liner and waistband are both seamless, excellent for distance running. The mesh side panels vent the shorts nicely. The logo on the side is reflective, a nice detail on black shorts. There are three pockets, one on each side and centered in the rear, which are just big enough to hold a gel or two each. I have particularly found the rear one useful for carrying nutrition when running middle distances (10-15 miles) with handheld hydration.

    I highly recommend this short and am scouring the net for my second pair. Unfortunately there seems to have been a run on medium-long! Purchase yours via www.iRunFar.com at Backcountry to help my man Bryon Powell keep his sweet blog coming.

    No comments: