Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 31, 2009

    Back to back long(er) runs

    This weekend I put in two back to back long(ish) runs. Unfortunately weather and time conspired against me!

    Saturday I ran 10 miles from the house around my usual loop that is quite hilly. A good run but a little hot in the late afternoon shade. An early soccer game and midnight bedtime the night prior precluded my usual crack-o-morning running.

    Sunday was a 15 mile day at a local park. Excellent weather - sunny, low humidity, low 80's. Just about perfect. I really wanted to do 20 but by the time I got out to run it was three o'clock and when I looked at my watch it was a quarter to five! Yikes! I knew the wife was making homemade meatballs and with house guests I could not be gone too long... :)

    Overall good runs. The Montrail Mountain Masochists performed very well in the mud, packed gravel, pavement, and singletrack. I will post a more comprehensive review soon.

    Next weekend I am going to do a 20+ miler and then start my taper to Highland Sky 40. I am a little undertrained with having been gone and sick most of April but I have been training hard. Hopefully I can suffer through to the finish!

    No comments: