Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 23, 2008

    Cold Miles

    Brrrr is the word of the weekend. I haven't run in weather this cold since I left Germany.

    Saturday I did a quick six from the house over some nice rolling hills. Sunny, bluebird sky and a killer wind! It was biting quite deep. I was layered up in a long sleeve tee, pearl izumi long sleeve top, knit cap, gloves, and fleece-lined tights. I was warm enough when not in the wind but for about half the run the wind was slicing through my clothes. I was regretting not wearing my windblocker vest.

    Sunday I met my boss - aka known as Sasquatch or the Northern Virginia Minotaur - for 15 cold miles. We started and finished and Burke Lake Park with some additional loops thrown in for fun. It was about 24 degs but thankfully no wind. I wore my waist belt Camelbak and had all the cold water I wanted to drink. My mini clif bar froze though and was like eating cardboard.

    I followed up the morning run with a nice Thai lunch while shopping with Mrs. Hoyawolf for Hoyawolfette and Hoyawolf Jr. The only thing I ran through faster than the Northern VA woods was my cash at Toys R Us!

    No comments: