Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 20, 2008

    Race and recovery


    Sunday's race went excellent. The morning was cold and clear - lows in the high 30s - with bluebird skies and sunshine. I love running through the trees and fields on days like that.

    The race was Wakefield Park - like mentioned in a previous post it was mostly flat and FAST. The prologue is about a half-mile down the road until you hit a turn onto the single track. The pace was furious to make the turn. Luckily I was in the lead group of about 20 or so and had good positioning.

    I ran very well through the first three to three and a half miles. Then I started slacking up a bit until I picked it up on the last mile to finish strong. I only had one fall - whew!

    I finished fifth in the five mile race so I was pretty happy. Unfortunately I pulled out to head home a little early and they did not post the results as quickly as usual. My friend called me (he was in the 10 mile race) to tell me the results.

    The most important thing that happened this weekend however was that Hoyawolf Jr. did the monkeybars!

    Today's training was just a recovery day. I was in the pool for about 2000m - swam two 500s, five 100s, and 10 50s. Then i just sat in the hot tub for about 15 mins....bliss.

    No comments: