Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 25, 2008

    Humpday was yesterday

    It has been a great week for training, kids, and life in general.

    First - die Kinder. Hoyawolf Jr's teacher sent a note home via email, not that kind of note though! It was a note that said he was doing excellent in class and ahead of his peers. Just the kind of thing you want to hear.

    As for training - I have been focused on my taper plan for the week. Five miles at 7:30mins per mile on Monday, three miles Tuesday, and two miles yesterday, all at the same pace. I am also fully into my new lifting program. I am doing eight exercises, two sets of 20, with lighter weights followed by five ab sets of 25 reps each. Smoker and leaves me beat. I also have gotten in a couple quality swims this week. As I ramped up my running I scaled back my swimming. Instead of 2-3000m per session I stay short but intense with 1200m per session.

    I know I spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on food here - mainly because I stay hungry all day long! However, here is what I have eaten so far today: four chips ahoy cookies, a bowl of honey nut cheerios, a nutrigrain bar, an apple, a bannana, rigatoni with tomato sauce, a coke zero, and two cups of coffee. I still have to eat supper and I weigh only 151 pds. This afternoon I will drink three bottles of water...now I'm hungry again!

    No comments: